Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Past Yankee Swap Quilts

Each Christmas my family has a yankee swap. The past few years I have started giving quilts for my gift. I haven't made any for the past two years but thought I would post a couple that I made from before. The first year I hand quilted an American Flag quilt, but alas - I never took any pictures. I really should have to prove that I can hand quilt (but mostly machine quilt because of the time savings).

This is a carpeneters wheel that I made in 2005 and my oldest brother ended up with this one.
I had fun with some threadplay on my quilting machine.

This is the one I gave in 2006 and my Mom ended up with it.

This pattern is "A Little Romance" from the book entitled "Simple Quilts that Look Like a Million Bucks" by Nicole Chambers. If you are in need of a quick quilt for a gift, this designs works up really fast.

One of my New Year Resolutions is to be sure to get a quilt made for the Yankee Swap for 2009 - which means that I need to start it a little earlier than a week before Christmas! Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful quilts. I've always wanted to make a quilt but I find them rather difficult...you do an absolutely beautiful job.

    Thank you so much for stopping by to see me this morning. :)

    I'm adding you to my blog list.

    have a wonderful day,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts and quilting. Yes, you better get started today.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top