Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tray Styling

I was recently contacted by *One Kings Lane, the online home-decor retailer. They invited me to join their 'Tray Chic' blogger campaign series. The premise of the campaign is for each of the chosen bloggers to dress a tray in a way that reflects their own personal style.


I love the versatility of trays and always find different ways to use them in my home, so I was more than happy to join in on the fun! I like things a bit rustic with a touch of character and my mantra of 'less is more' continues to drive my decor choices.


One of my favorite things about trays is that they can bring order to an eclectic mix of items that might otherwise look out of place. This works in my favor, as I tend to like a broad spectrum of things in my home decor.


I find the most interesting groupings always have 3 characteristics - different textures, complimenting colors and various heights. I try to use this formula each time I create a new display.


For my 'Tray Chic' moment, I started with a sturdy handwoven rattan tray.  I then collected some old books, an ivy filled ceramic pot, a green berry sphere and a glass paperweight.


A simple vignette using ordinary objects that somehow seem far nicer when gathered together.


If you need some inspiration, check out the ever-changing assortment of trays at *One Kings Lane. They have a huge variety and you are sure to find something that suits your personal tastes.

I hope this has inspired you to fill a tray and show off your style.



*Disclosure:  No affiliation or compensation - just passing on a nice resource.

Linking up with the following lovely blogs:





Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I love the textures you incorporated, Suzanne, and the lush shades of greens. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Suzanne ~ I'm visiting from the Handmade Hangout Link Party. I have trays all over my house. I like how they corral a random array of items into a cohesive vignette. I also love to decorate with old books. They're all over my house! :0) Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top